Reminder: Curriculum night is this Wednesday, 9/17 from 6:30-8:00pm.
- create a 12×18 vector poster in Adobe Illustrator
- poster must fit the style of a chosen era in graphic design history
(identify 3-5 characteristics of this era and successfully incorporate them into your poster)
- all artwork used in the poster must be original
- any typography used in the poster must match the typography of the time period
Some graphic design movements you may want to consider:
By the end of today’s class, you will create a new blog post
with the following items:
- the name of your chosen graphic design era
- a minimum of 3 inspiration images from that era (more are great)
- a paragraph (written in your own words) describing that graphic design style
(colors, style of text, types of images used, famous designers from that era, etc)
- a second paragraph describing your idea (or ideas if you have not yet narrowed it down) for your poster
The Parkland College Graphic Design website is a great place to start.
(Mid Century Modern is separated into two categories on this site: Late Modernism and Swiss/International Style).
If the above link does not work, copy & paste this URL into your browser: http://gds.parkland.edu/gds/!lectures/