Today’s essential question: How can I balance the positive and negative space in my t-shirt design?
We talked about the artist Shepard Fairey (creator of the Obama Hope poster) earlier in the year.
Did you know Shepard Fairey has a clothing line? Several of his designs serve as great examples of how to balance positive and negative space:
Today we will:
- create 2-3 black and white thumbnail sketches of potential t-shirt designs, coloring in the positive space with a Sharpie. Here are some example of what I am looking for:
- Receive feedback from peers & Ms. Lawson on strongest design
- Photograph our strongest design
- Create a new blog post with the following:
- The photograph of our sketch
- A few sentences explaining how you have balanced the positive and negative space in your design
- Reminder: You are required to post your progress to your blog every day. Failure to do so will result in a zero participation grade for the day. Several people are currently failing the course because of they choose not to update their blogs.
If you are planning on purchasing a t-shirt with your design on it, mention this in today’s blog post.
A white men’s t-shirt costs $10, a black men’s t-shirt costs $16, and a white women’s fitted t-shirt costs $16.