Today the 11th grade Media class spent time in the gallery hanging the 11th grade show. Here are some helpful hints for the future:
- Bring a hammer or solid object (thumbtacks hurt!)
- Bring nails for artwork on canvas or thick surfaces
- Bring extra thumbtacks so they are all the same color
- Bring small step stools (the ladder is difficult to move and overkill for most situations)
- Bring something to use as a level/alignment reference
- Have a layout plan before hanging. Make sure the layout is aesthetically pleasing and balances styles and colors.
- Use a spotter to make sure you are hanging things symmetrically
- Hang with one thumbtack in the middle first. Then, after you have made sure everything is aligned symmetrically, add more thumbtacks.