Today’s essential question: How can I use the art elements line, shape, and space to create interesting photographs?
Today we will take photos, trying to capture line, shape, and space in interesting ways. (Seniors, if the above assignment is not sufficiently challenging, feel free to focus on color instead.) You must post your best photos from today to your blog AND write a reflection according to the instructions at the bottom of this blog post in order to receive participation points for the day.
Look for photo opportunities that already exist, but at the same time, be ready to stage photos if you get an idea that fits today’s assignment.
Senior Option: Color
Seniors, if the above assignment is not sufficiently challenging, feel free to focus on color instead.
Here are some tips to take great color photos:
- Look for a Dominant Color
- Create Contrast
- Use Colors of Similar Intensity
- Keep It Simple
- Use One Color Against a Neutral Background
- Know When to Use Black & White!
Today we will:
- Take interesting photos of line, shape, and space (or if you are a senior, you may instead choose to focus on color)
- Create a new blog post with the following:
- The best photos we took today
- Label each photo with the appropriate category (line, shape, space)
- A paragraph reflection on the following things
- What are some ways your photography skills have improved over the past few classes?
- What are some things you still struggle with?
- Which of the elements you photographed today (line, shape, space) was the easiest for you? Why?
- Which of the elements you photographed today (line, shape, space) was the most difficult for you? Why?
The following students still need to turn in their walking field trip permission slips: Brianna, Taylor, Quamae, Shylamar, Raphael, Jordy, Jordyn, Mya, Yusuf, Marina