Today’s essential question: What do I need to do to complete my animation in the next 3-4 classes?
Some people have made great progress on their animations. Not only has Yoly posted her progress, but she wrote a reflection on what still looks weird in her animation so she knows what to work on over the next few classes. Everyone should do this moving forward.
Andrew has already completed an animation that fulfills the project requirements! What are some things that make his animation interesting?
Several people are very far behind. Some people haven’t even posted storyboards! We have been working on this unit for 7 classes, and only have 3-4 classes left. If you are not animating in Flash by the end of today, you will need to start coming in during free periods to catch up.
Today we will:
- Continue working on our animations
- Post our progress to our blogs (this likely means exporting an unfinished MOV and uploading it to YouTube)
- Write a few sentences on what you still need to complete or fix in your animation, especially anything you would like help with
A brief animation about the last week of the marking period
Today we will complete and post any missing assignments to our blogs.
The following students are missing the following assignments:
- Exzavier – Ghost Dog, Motion Path, Bookmark Artist Statement
- Yoly – Motion Path
- Carla – Ball, Ghost Dog, Cat, Motion Path, Bookmark Artist Statement
- Tina – Cat, Bookmark Artist Statement (current artist statement is way too short)
- Aiden – Bookmark Artist Statement
- Narionna – Motion Path, Bookmark Artist Statement
- Andrew – Motion Path
- Brandon – Ball (video does not load), Cat, Motion Path
Here are links to the assignments:
Need community service hours? Free this Saturday?
Check out the following March for Science volunteering needs:
Marshal (2 hr)
Marshals would help direct pedestrian traffic around the Rally with a focus on assisting people with wheels. At the end of the Rally, they would march with the group and would be responsible for keeping the march on course. Would need to start at 11AM
Event photographer. (2-6hrs based on availability.)
Will begin photographing attendees and venue at the Rally, during the march, and at the expo. Begins at 11:30 amand continues as long as the student wishes.
AV specialist. (3-4hrs)
Will monitor sound and video equipment in the Expo speaker area and aid presenters when needed. Starts at 11:30 AM. This person may also volunteer as a marshal which would involve attending the rally, marching and ensuring the crowd stays on course. If marshaling, they would need to arrive at the Expo by 11:00 am to allow travel time to the rally.
Zero Waste Ambassadors. (2-6 hrs)
Will work with Impact Earth to teach people about recycling. Need help at rally site (2 hr) and expo site (4 hr) may also serve as a marshal (extra 1 hour)
NASA coach. (4hrs)
Coaches kids as they play a NASA’s space rocks game. Involves throwing rocks around the Expo. Would need to be comfortable working directly with children.
Today we will:
- Complete any missing assignments and post them to our blogs.