Today’s essential question: How will I create my infographic in Adobe Illustrator?
Today we will begin creating our infographics in Illustrator AFTER Ms. Lawson has approved your project proposal. The following people may start working in Illustrator now: Omarion, Dax, Shaborn, Hsa.
Steps to creating the actual infographic file
- Open Adobe Illutrastor
- Create a new file. File -> New.
Set the dimensions as follows (flip the height and the width if you want a landscape orientation):
- Place the image of your layout sketch. File -> Place. It may not fit the dimensions of the paper exactly.
That is ok. You can scale and distort it to fit by dragging the top, bottom, and sides of the layout sketch image.
- In the layers palette, double-click to rename Layer 1.
Then press the new layer button to make a new layer, and name it “images to vectorize.”
You may also want to create a new layer for each image you plan to vectorize.
- Place any reference images you plan to vectorize. File -> Place.
Hold down on the shift key and scale from the corner until each image is the correct size.
- Use the rectangle tool to create boxes.
- Use the text tool to add text.
- Use the pen tool to trace create vector illustrations.
- At the end of class, save your file as both a PDF and PNG and upload both files to your blog.
Also, create a new folder with your project PDF file and any images you are using, and back it up to your Google Drive or USB drive.
Today we will:
- create a new 12×18 or 18×12 file in Adobe Illustrator
- place our layout sketch in this file
- begin vectorizing our layout sketch
- save our file as a PDF and upload the PDF of our progress to our blog