Today’s essential question: How can I use the transform tool and rotation points to animate a moving character in Adobe Flash?
Today we will complete the Cat Rotation tutorial. Then we will finish any missing/incomplete animation tutorials from last week.
Cat Rotation Tutorial
This tutorial will teach you how to set anchor points and how to rotate objects around those anchor points. You will need to sign into your school Google Drive account, open the Animation folder I have shared with you, and download the “black_cat.psd” file. Do not try to save the image from this blog post, as it will not have the body parts on separate layers like PSD file in Google Drive does.
The following people still need to finish and post the following assignments to their blogs:
- Danny – Ghost Dog
- Omarion – Square Collage, Accordion Book, Bouncing Ball, Ghost Dog
- Colin – Bouncing Ball, Ghost Dog
- Dax – Bouncing Ball, Ghost Dog
- Aquan – Square Collage, Accordion Book, Bouncing Ball, Ghost Dog
- Jamila – Ghost Dog
- Shaborn – Bouncing Ball (incomplete)
- Seth – Square Collage, Bouncing Ball, Ghost Dog
- Jaden – Ghost Dog
- Viviam – Bouncing Ball (incomplete)
- Rae – Bouncing Ball (incomplete), Ghost Dog (incomplete)
- Carleton – Square Collage, Bouncing Ball, Ghost Dog
- Raul – Accordion Book, Bouncing Ball, Ghost Dog
Today we will:
- Complete Cat Rotation tutorial, upload both the flash and swf files to the animation folders in our school Google Drive accounts, and make sure we have shared the folder with Ms. Lawson
- Upload the Cat Rotation animation to YouTube
- Create a new blog post with the following:
- link to completed Cat Rotation Animation
- a few sentences on our blog summarizing any challenges you faced today, how you worked through those challenges, and how you currently feel about computer animation.
- Finish any missing/incomplete animation tutorials and post those links to your blog